Allegiant Pet Policy: How to fly with your pet on Allegiant?
Are you thinking of traveling with your furry friend and recently searched for “How do I add a pet to my Allegiant flight”? Well, like other leading airlines, Allegiant allows its passengers to travel with their pets, but there are some exceptions. It would help if you familiarized yourself with Allegiant Air Pet Policy. Moreover, to add a pet to your Allegiant flight, you must call Allegiant phone number: +1 702-505-8888 or +1-843-278-1904.
Take a read to the bottom section of this blog to understand everything you need to know before flying with your pet on Allegiant.
Understanding Allegiant Pet Policy:
When planning a travel trip with your pet with Allegiant Air, passengers must understand or familiarize themselves with the airline’s pet policy. So, if you need to learn about the guidelines and policies for traveling with a pet on Allegiant Flight, read the points below.
Here are some things you should know before flying in a cabin with your pet:
- Allegiant Air only allows domestic dogs and cats in the cabin.
- As per the Allegiant Pet Policy, acceptable pets must be transported in a soft-sided and leakproof carrier that can easily fit under the seat.
- The size of the pet’s carrier should not exceed 9” H (Height), 16” W (Width), and 19” D (Depth).
- At most, two pets are allowed per carrier.
- Pet must be harmless, odorless, and non-disruptive.
- The pet must be healthy and non-violent.
- At the time of take-off and landing, the pet’s carrier must be placed under the front seat.
- Passengers with pets cannot choose a seat in the exit row and a seat in the front or back of the exit row.
- According to the Allegiant dog policy or cat policy, if you are traveling with your pet. Then, you must check in with an Allegiant agent at the counter or gate at least one (1) hour prior to scheduled departure to ensure pets and their carriers comply with the above guidelines.
- All pets must remain in the sole care of the carrier and passengers while at the airport and on the aircraft. If the passenger does not comply, the pet may be refused boarding on future flights.
- Your pet must be at least eight weeks of age.
- Each air traveler may have only one pet carrier.
If you comply with the guidelines of the Allegiant pet policy mentioned above, your pet may be allowed boarding.
How do I add a pet to my Allegiant flight?
If you would like to add a pet to your Allegiant flight subject to Allegiant Air pet policy, you need to click on the “Add a pet in cabin” option at the time of reservation on the official website. Moreover, you can also contact the Allegiant Agents by making a call at +1 702-505-8888 or +1-843-278-1904. Once you interact with an agent and follow the on-screen prompts on the official website, pay the estimated fee for your pet to finish the process.
How do I book a flight with my pet on Allegiant Air?
Allegiant offers several ways to book a flight with your pet or to add a pet on Allegiant Air. Here’s step-by-step information to make a booking with a pet on Allegiant-
Online Booking Process for Pets:
If you prefer to make an online booking subject to Allegiant pet policy, you can navigate through the official website by following the steps mentioned below.
- In the first step, browse the official website of the Allegiant.
- Fill in your travel destination and departure airport name in the given text fields.
- Choose from the “Round Trip” or “One Way”.
- Select your dates of travel and number of passengers.
- Then, Hit on “Seach Flights” to see the available flight options.
- Select a flight and class according to your preference from the search results.
- Choose or skip the bundle.
- Go ahead with the booking process and enter the required details of the passengers in the given or required text fields.
- Click on the option to add special assistance and then select “Service Animal.”
- Select your seat and hit “Continue.”
- Add “Pet in Cabin” by clicking on the “Add to cart” button.
- Lastly, follow the further prompts, select your payment gateway, and make the payment along with the pet fee to finish the process.
Offline Booking Process for Pets:
If you prefer to make the booking offline, subject to Allegiant Air’s pet policy, you must dial Allegiant phone number at +1 702-505-8888 or +1-843-278-1904. You can get in touch with a live agent by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, dial the Allegiant Air toll-free number at +1 702-505-8888 or +1-843-278-1904 to contact an agent or CRO.
- Now, listen to the IVR greeting and instructions.
- Choose the language offered by the IVR that you prefer.
- Press “1” if you are an Always Reward member; otherwise, wait until further instructions.
- After that, Follow the further IVR instructions to direct your call to the Allegiant customer service department.
- Once connected, request the Allegiant Agent to add a pet to your booking reservation.
- Lastly, please provide them with all the required and essential details along with the total fare. So, they will make a reservation for you with your pet.
How much is the Allegiant pet fee?
The cost or fee to travel on a flight with a dog and cat on Allegiant may vary depending on several factors under Allegiant Air’s pet policy. Currently, the applicable fee charged by Allegiant to travel with a pet is $50 per carrier.
Apart from this, it’s advisable to visit the official website or contact Allegiant customer service at +1 702-505-8888 or +1-843-278-1904 to know about the exact travel fee for your furry friend.
How strict is Allegiant with pet carriers?
If you are thinking, “How strict is Allegiant with pet carriers?” Let me clarify that:
- As per the Allegiant pet policy, pets and carriers may have size and weight restrictions.
- It is essential to check the size and weight before going to the airport for a flight.
- Your pet must entirely and comfortably fit in the soft-sided and leakproof carrier without touching it.
- Moreover, according to Allegiant dog policy or cat policy, your dog or cat must be able to easily stand up, turn around, and lie down in its natural position in the carrier.
- The pet should not be ill or harmful.
- A maximum of 2 items are allowed, and the pet carrier will also be counted as one. Passengers can bring a pet and a personal item or a bag, but not both.
If you comply with the above guidelines, the pet may be allowed boarding on future flights.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Allegiant allow dogs?
Yes, Allegiant Air lets its passengers or air travelers travel with their domestic pet dogs as well as cats with them in the cabin. But before you plan a trip with your dog via Allegiant, you must understand the Allegiant dog policy to avoid any hassle.
What is the allowable dog weight to fly with Allegiant?
As per the airline pet policy, Allegiant allows dogs weighing up to 20 lbs in the cabin with the passenger.
Can large dogs fly on Allegiant?
Allegiant accepts domestic dogs accompanying the passenger in the aircraft cabin. But, pet dogs will only be accommodated if they are in an FAA-approved kennel that fits under the seat. Additionally, the kennel must allow the dog to easily stand, turn, and lie down within a carrier size up to 9″ H x 16″ W x 19″ D.
Read More Related Blogs of Allegiant Air:
- Allegiant Air Booking
- Allegiant Air Seat Selection Policy
- How do I get a Human at Allegiant Air?
- Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Air Flight Change
- ¿Cómo llamar por teléfono a Allegiant Air desde México?
- Allegiant Air en Español Teléfono
- Allegiant Air Vacation Packages
- Best Time to Book Allegiant Air
- Allegiant Air Low Fare Calendar
- Allegiant Air Priority Access
- How to Change the Existing Allegiant Air?