Allegiant Unaccompanied Minor: Child Flying Alone
As we all are aware, Air travel is a thrilling adventure. However, when it comes to parents or guardians sending their child or loved ones to travel alone, it raises several queries and doubts in their minds about safety, comfort, and more. Moreover, if you are wondering about which airline to choose for sending your child to travel alone. In that case, you can choose Allegiant, as it understands the importance of catering to young flyers. You can reserve a seat for your child as an Allegiant unaccompanied minor by dialing in the U.S.
Allegiant minor policy is specially designed to ensure a secure, comfortable, and hassle-free air journey for young passengers. Therefore, for your convenience, in this article, we will shed light on the Allegiant Airlines minor policy and provide insights into essential family travel considerations.
How Old do You Need to be to Fly Alone on Allegiant?
If you wonder, “How old do you need to be to fly alone on a flight with Allegiant?” Let me clarify to you that the Allegiant age to fly alone for a child is between 15-17 as unaccompanied minors. Children who are under 15 are required to be accompanied by an adult to travel on a flight with Allegiant Airlines.
Does Allegiant Air Allow Car Seats for a Child?
If you are pondering, “Does Allegiant Air allow car seats?” The short answer to this is “YES.” Allegiant Airlines offers FAA-approved car seats, which parents can reserve for their little ones for a comfortable journey to their destination.
Moreover, if you also wonder, “Are car seats free on Allegiant Air?” Then, as per the Allegiant baby policy and Allegiant car seat policy. A child who is younger than 24 months can either travel on a lap or an FAA-approved car seat for free.
Allegiant Airlines Guidelines for Children:
Here’s what you must know before planning a flight for your child or with your child via Allegiant Airlines.
Allegiant Air Infant Policy:
|Allegiant Airlines identification requirements:
|An adult passenger must be at least 15 years old.
Allegiant Air minor policy for children between 2 years to 14 years:
|A birth certificate is strongly recommended.
|An adult passenger must be at least 15 years old.
Allegiant Air UMNR policy:
|Must have his/her own seat.
|Required identification documents:
|Birth certificate or any other relevant document with birthdate (strongly recommended)
|Can fly as an Allegiant unaccompanied minor or with a parent or guardian.
Allegiant Air Stroller Policy:
- As per the Allegiant stroller policy, travelers may check a stroller as checked baggage during check-in and boarding at the airport.
- Travelers are not required to pay any additional fee or charge for one stroller per fare-paying passenger.
- Approved gate strollers are placed inside the aircraft cargo hold during the flight and delivered to the passengers at the door at the time of arrival to their preferred destination.
How to Book a Flight for an Unaccompanied Minor on Allegiant Air?
If you would like to book a flight for your child whose age is between 15-17. Then, you can make reservations either by navigating through the official website, heading to the airport, or making a call to their reservation number in the U.S.
Here’s how to book a flight for your child so can minor fly alone on Allegiant-
1. Via Call:
Through this process, you can interact with a live representative at Allegiant Air customer service to make bookings on your behalf.
- Firstly, To initiate the booking of a flight for your child as an Allegiant Air unaccompanied minor, dial Allegiant OTA number in the U.S. +1-843-278-1904 or +1 702-505-8888.
- Then, Choose the language according to your preference.
- Select the option for booking a new flight from the available options served by the IVR menu.
- Once you select an option for a new reservation, the representative will interact with you in no time.
- Now, inform the agent that you need to book a flight for your child as an Allegiant Airlines unaccompanied minor.
- The agent can tell you about the Allegiant Airlines identification requirements and more details or requirements.
- Provide the necessary booking details, including your flight booking number, flight details, the minor age, and more.
- Next, the agent will prompt you through the reservation process or do it on your behalf.
- Review the details provided by the agent, including Allegiant’s unaccompanied minor fee.
- At last, pay the total fare in order to finish the entire process.
2. Through Allegiantair.com:
If you would like to book a flight for your child as an Allegiant Unaccompanied Minor through the official website. Then, navigate or follow the instructions mentioned below for your convenience.
- Firstly, browse Allegiant’s official website in your preferred web browser.
- Secondly, Choose a flight trip type from “One-way” or “Round Trip.”
- Enter the name of the departure airport in the “From” text field and the destination airport in the “To” text field.
- Select the departure date according to your preference.
- Choose the number of young passengers.
- Click on “Search” and select a flight and bundle as per your preference.
- Add the details of the minor, including his/her date of birth.
- Select a seat from the available options and proceed with further steps.
- Now, follow the further prompts and then review the total airfare, including the Allegiant unaccompanied minor fee.
- At last, pay the total fare to finish the entire process.
3. At the Airport:
- Firstly, gather all the required details and documents that may be asked by the agent for proceeding with bookings.
- After that, head to the nearest airport in your locality.
- Then, Go to the Allegiant ticket counter.
- Request the agent to book a solo flight for your child between 15-17 age or with your child who is under 14.
- Provide all the essential details, including travel dates, destination, and other details.
- After that, Show and submit the child’s birth certificate as age proof.
- At last, select the seats, review the total fare, and make the payment to finish the entire process.
After taking a holistic view of this long and descriptive read, I hope you got the answer to the question: “How old is it to fly by yourself? Do minors need ID to fly Allegiant? and other relevant questions. In case, you still have any doubts or need to reserve a spot on the Allegiant Aircraft for your younger child. Then, you can dial Allegiant Air’s toll-free number, +1-843-278-1904 or +1 702-505-8888, to connect with the live Allegiant representative who can assist you and proceed with bookings on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need a birth certificate for my child to fly Allegiant?
Yes, it’s strongly recommended for you to submit a birth certificate for sending your child to travel alone on a flight with Allegiant Air. Additionally, For more information, it’s advisable to contact the Allegiant representative at +1-843-278-1904 or +1 702-505-8888 to address your doubts and inquiries.
What age can you fly alone on a flight with Allegiant?
If you are pondering, “What age can you fly alone?” Then, as per the airline policy, Allegiant Airlines allows young travelers of age between 15 and 17 years old to travel alone as unaccompanied minors.
Read More Related Blogs of Allegiant Air:
- Allegiant Air Booking
- Allegiant Air Seat Selection Policy
- How do I get a Human at Allegiant Air?
- Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Air Flight Change
- ¿Cómo llamar por teléfono a Allegiant Air desde México?
- Allegiant Air en Español Teléfono
- Allegiant Air Vacation Packages
- Best Time to Book Allegiant Air
- Allegiant Air Low Fare Calendar
- Allegiant Air Priority Access
- How to Change the Existing Allegiant Air?
- Allegiant Air Military Discounts